December 2006 meeting minutesSat 23 December 2006 by Joe
Speaker: S. Ashok, II year CSE student, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai.
Date and Time: 22-12-2006 10.30 - 11.30
Topic: Python Network Programming
1) The basics of client-server programming, TCP, UDP, sockets.
2) The history and evolution of BSD sockets and socket programming.
3) The python wrapper of BSD sockets, introduction to basic clients and servers using both the socket module in python. Sample program to explain the basics of sockets.
4) TCP - Socket sample program to show both socket model and the file descriptor model using makefile method.
5) UDP -socket sample program to show the differences of TCP and UDP communication.
6) Introduction to built in protocol support for DNS in python.
7) Comparison of advantages of python over java in network programming
8) A short introduction to ServerSocket module, BaseHTTPServer and mod_python.